Thursday, May 21, 2009

13 going on 30

Last Friday Jessie and I went to our friend Anna's 13th birthday party. Anna is the girl who lived above us when we lived in our cave. She's so cute. She left a message on Jessie's phone telling us about the party the night before. So, of course, we went. There were about 9 girls there, ranging from age 11 to 13. We had fun dancing around, playing some games, and eating junk food. Some of the games we played were: the winking game (or mafia), a limbo contest, and of course Truth or Dare. Jessie and I used to play truth or dare ALL THE TIME in middle school so we were quite excited when the girls wanted to play. I'll give you a few examples of some of the "truths" and "dares"...
"Tell us one of your dreams (no making it up!)"
"Who's the cutest boy in your class" (after hearing this, one of the eleven year olds said, "I'm ELEVEN! Come on guys that's disgusting!")
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
"I dare you to pick your nose"
"I dare you to run around the room screaming bloody murder" (she literally screamed "BLOODY MURDER" while running around the room)
"I dare you to run outside to the end of the driveway and put the queso dip in the mailbox" (this one never actually happened)

Needless to say, Jess and I felt old after playing truth or dare with a bunch of middle school girls. But the party was a lot of fun. The girls didn't want us to leave. We felt like the guests of honor, the old guests of honor.

The birthday girl- Anna

LIMBO (for some reason they all decided to pull their shorts up really high while limbo-ing)
the girls dancing...
me dancing...
Anna and I
Jessie hanging out with M'Lee
singing "Happy Birthday" before opening gifts (rockstar style)
surrounded by presents!
the aftermath
Jess, Anna (holding her new hamster, Peanut Butter) and me
We love her.


No comments:

Custom Search

visits since 11.16.08