Tuesday, February 16, 2010

24

A little over 2 weeks ago, I turned 24. My mom was in town so Diane, Mom, Javen, Liam and I went to Merridee's for breakfast. Mom and Diane brought me flowers, a balloon and petit fours (a childhood favorite of mine). They also gave me a new shower head filter (since Franklin water is full of chlorine). Strange birthday gift, I know, but I was excited about it!
 

My (not so) little brother gave me this movie (complete with a magically-appearing-food-when-it-rains umbrella):
Aunt Joy sent me a fun little birthday package. In it was:
a scarf made of recycled cotton, a recycled jam jar with a few buttons in it (to which I added all of my saved buttons), a card, and this photo:
 
Javen & Liam? Nope- its Diane and me! Family resemblences are crazy!
Now, you might be wondering why in the world a button jar is a good birthday gift. Well, for someone like me who likes to reuse everything, it's a great gift! Not only are random buttons good to have around in case you lose one from your favorite coat, they can also be used to make things like:
napkin rings!
  
Hooray for birthdays! Thanks to everyone for the gifts, texts and facebook messages. And a special thanks to my wonderful family members who sent me cards in the mail (even though some never made it). I love getting mail, especially cards and letters!
I love you all!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yay for birthdays! And perfect gifts! That picture of you and Diane is great and I cannot believe the resemblance :)

A Little McD said...

You forgot to mention Penny, even though she hasn't arrived yet. She's a bday gift too! We need to stage a photo of Javen and Liam like our pic. :)

Custom Search

visits since 11.16.08