Saturday, February 27, 2010

career?

As many of you know, I work at a church here in Franklin TN. What you may not know is what I do at a church here in Franklin TN. My official title is "Middle School Ministry Assistant"-whatever that means. Some people think I'm a middle school teacher, some people think I'm a secretary, some people think I'm a youth pastor. I think I'm none of those things but all of those things at the same time. I work 40 hrs/week, sometimes more. What do I do? Well, a lot of different things. For instance, right now I'm at a Girl's Ministry Conference at LifeWay in downtown Nashville. Two weekends ago I was a part of our church's Disciple Now weekend (which consisted of a weekend full of 240 students, 28 Bible Study leaders, one worship band, one speaker,countless volunteers, and not a lot of sleep). On a weekly basis I spend my time: planning events/mission trips/Bible studies, participating in events/mission trips/Bible studies, designing brochures/postcards/calendars/newsletters, preparing for Wednesday night worship and Sunday morning worship/Bible Study, figuring out how to best use our budget, keeping attendance records, hanging out with students, and trying my best to depend on Jesus for the strength I need to do all of those things.
That's what I do. It's crazy. And fun. And stressful at times. But it's also so rewarding.
If you want a glimpse of what I'm talking about, check out my other blog: Varnon Shmarnon.
Here I am, hard at work...


No comments:

Custom Search

visits since 11.16.08