Monday, May 3, 2010

it's a rainy day in the month of May

If you've read Diane's blog, you're aware of the crazy rain we had here this past weekend. Yesterday, after it finally stopped raining, I went for a walk around downtown Franklin to check out the flood damage.
Here is just a glimpse of what I saw...

this is a yard, not a pond.
I found similar signs on the doors of most businesses downtown
that's not even the worst of the flooding around here. I just haven't been able to get out to see more. Right now there's only one way out of Franklin, so you can imagine the traffic nightmare. I decided not to spend my day sitting on Columbia Ave so currently I'm having breakfast at the Mercantile deli. Maybe I'll get out my mask, snorkel and fins later and swim to work?

No comments:

Custom Search

visits since 11.16.08