Wednesday, November 19, 2008

anybody want a peanut?

If you know me well you probably know that the movie "The Princess Bride" is one of my favorite movies. And if you know me really well you might know that I can quote the entire film, from beginning to end. But did you know is that The Princess Bride happens to be my favorite book as well (or that it even exists in book form)? Written by S. Morgenstern a.k.a. William Goldman, it far surpasses the movie in greatness. I might have to read it again now that I mention it.
Anyway, William Goldman has written other great books besides The Princess Bride, one of them being The Silent Gondoliers. I love this book as well (though not nearly as much as The Princess Bride, just to clarify). Not only is it a funny story, it takes place in one of my favorite cities- Venice. Ah, Venice. If you haven't been there you should go. I'll even volunteer to go with you. I know, I'm so nice.
What makes Venice so great you ask? (besides the fact that it's in Italy) Well, let me just show you...

You don't need a car (which means you'd save tons on money on gas, not to mention car insurance. who needs Geico? I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by going to Venice).


You could buy fresh fruit and veggies everyday from this cute old man selling produce from his boat (the S.S. Mario).


After purchasing said produce you could return home to your apartment nestled away in this quiet piazza (which has plenty of space for a good game of 4 square or hopscotch).


you could go to the amazing Guggenheim Museum whenever you wanted to (the two smaller white buildings in the photo).

I mean, come on. Does it get any better than that? Plus its only a train ride away from other great cities like Florence or Rome.

here's one last photo, it's one of my favorites.
Piazza san Marco on a busy afternoon

No comments:

Custom Search

visits since 11.16.08