Monday, November 17, 2008

old summer job excitement

I got on my myspace page for the first time in who knows how long tonight. I was reading through some of my old blogs and I came across this one from June 23, 2006.
It's titled "another boring friday" but i promise it's not boring...

so i have a boring job. not a bad one, just boring. i am the receptionist at a company called CBM and basically all i do is answer the phone. which rarely rings. and when it does ring, there's a good chance that it's a wrong number

so it's been 2 weeks since i've had this job. and in those 2 weeks i have probably played all the games there are to play on yahoo and i now know everyone's most recent relationship status on facebook. if you ask me how my job is going... my reply is always "good, but very boring."

but. today there was some excitement. this week especially has been slow. not many phone calls. nothing to file. niente. with the exception of this morning

this morning i was doing the usual, playing some type of solitaire on yahoo just waiting for the phone to ring. i was the only one in the office at the time. so these 2 regular looking men in their late 40s come in the office and ask me where they can find an employee of ours. well of course i dont know. one of them then proceeds to pull out his badge and says "we're the police." yeah. the police. undercover police to be exact. the one officer then asks me if there's someone i can call to ask how we can get a hold of this employee. so i call sandy and tell her that there are two policemen here looking for.. we'll call him Bob... and they want to know where he might be. so policeman #1 gets on the phone with sandy and tells her that they have a warrant for Bob's arrest. yeah. Bob's in trouble. so Sandy tells them where he should be and they say how they don't want him to know they're looking for him because he'll run... apparently he has before.

so as mr. policeman is on the phone with Sandy, guess what, the phone rings. so i run into Dean's office to answer it and i of course have no shoes on. mr policeman sees that i am barefoot and makes a comment to sandy about the "young lady walking around the office barefoot." something about how i might fall, i dont know.

anyway, Andy Griffith and Barney Fife tell me that they are going to try and find Bob but if he comes back to the office to call them. yeah. now i'm a part of the chase. just call me sergeant barefoot.

not too much later Sandy and Andy are back in the office so i'm no longer alone. the cops return a little later to report that they found Bob, asked him his name, he lied and ran. great, now he's a fugitive.

the cops leave again and we return to our normal work atmosphere. except when Andy leaves for the day at 12:00 he locks the door and tells me to hide under my desk if anyone tries to get in. ok not really, but he does lock the door just incase

so that was my day. just a usual friday at the office. not too many phone calls. i told you this job was boring.

3 comments:

A Little McD said...

I can't believe nobody has commented on this story! Come on people, this is funny stuff! Where's the love?

Also, I am here to click on your ads. Please return the favor. And YOU, yes, you reading this comment...go to my blog and click on my ads! I'm close to getting my first $100 check! Hello Christmas money!

Ready? Set...Leave your comment!

mb said...

^^^

Looks like you need to watch out for spammers.

Good story ps. Not as funny as being pee-ed on, though.

One week?

jessie said...

haha i remember this!! aw...we used to meet at baker park for our picnic lunches :) goodtimes. and our "bible study" with that book that wasn't actually a bible study book. man...was that really 2 years ago?!

Custom Search

visits since 11.16.08